First time witnessing a 'revert' moment

 This evening I attended an interfaith talk between the three Abrahamic religions on how each religion deals with suffering and hardship. I realized that despite the differences in the three beliefs, the ways each religion approaches problems and challenges in life are pretty much the same
and even the speakers were admitting that. 

But people tend to ask questions to prove that these three religions are so different but they failed.

What surprise me was the speaker who represented the Christian tradition during the talk, 
he used to be a Muslim and his name is Abdul.
He was a Muslim, and now he's a proud Christian.
And someone asked him question on his spiritual journey and why did he convert
and his answer was he's someone who strongly believes in logic and the more he searches for the truth, he believes more in the Christian tradition.

I reserve my comment
because I'm not in his shoe, and things happen for reasons and may he be guided one day.

At the same event, 
I witnessed a friend of a friend saying her Shahada, 
subhanaAllah.

Her name is Stania.
She told us the story, the moment she started seeking for the truth and she started by reading the Quran and she believes. She believes in Allah and Prophet as the Messenger.

When she said the Shahada, 
people were in tears, I was in tears,
it gave me goosebumps, I feel the energy,
that feeling was indescribable. 

SubhanaAllah,
Allah can turn a non-believer into a believer,
and a believer into a non-believer, if He wills.

I questioned myself,
will my iman be strong enough to withstand all the challenges in this modern, liberal world?

I don't know.
I can never say anything about it.
But I can certainly work on improving myself and my faith.

I pray to Allah,
may He protect me from the evils in me, from evils of this world,
may Allah protect my iman and give me the strength to stay true to my belief and the path of the righteous.
InshaAllah.




No comments