[Rules of Life Series] : Part 4


Have no regrets

We surely have regrets in our life, 
but as regrets happen, 
they can be very useful;
if you choose to use them to make a difference
and going forward.

There're 3 types of 
"I wish I'd done that" scenarios.

1. When you genuinely feel you didn't capitalize on an opportunity or
that you missed out on something.
2. When you see somebody who's done something great
and you wish it had been you.
3. When you just sit there, waiting for you to be lucky.
Lol, anyone in the 3rd situation will surely miss any chance 
even if Lady Luck is standing behind them.

When it comes to looking at what others have achieved, 
this world is divided into those who look at others enviously and
those who look at others as a motivational tool. 

If you find yourself saying, 
“I wish I had done that/
thought that/
been there/
seen that/
experienced that/
met them/
understood that,” 
then you need to learn to follow it up 
with a
 “And now, I will....”



It's OK to give up!!

Sometimes we head off down the wrong path in life, 
often with the best motives. 
Maybe there’s no knowing it’s the wrong path until we try it. 
There’s no shame in admitting it once we realize
 it’s not getting us where we want to be.

In my case,
I tried going for singing audition,
and I clearly failed haha!
My voice is just for my ears to listen to haha
so I quit that dream to perform singing in public,
and I dance instead.

I don't really dance for competition,
but I dance for student clubs
if they invited me for gala or any event.

I guess I'm better at dancing,
and not singing.

Am I a quitter?
Don't think so, cause I gave singing a try.
It's just that singing is not my niche haha!

If the world is telling you that you took a wrong turn, 
you can admit it honestly and put
yourself on a different track. 
No one can be brilliant at everything, 
and sometimes you have to try things to find out 
whether you can do them. 
And maybe you can’t.




Change what you can change,
let go of the rest!

Time is short. 
This is another of those facts you can’t escape; it’s a given. 
If time is short, then it makes sense not to go wasting any of it, 
not a single lovely drop of it. 
It's my observation that the successful people pay attention to what, 
in their life, 
they have some control over and they simply, economically (time-wise), 
and let go of the rest.

Beating yourself up over,
it is counterproductive and such a waste of time.

If you waste time struggling to change stuff that is obviously never going to be changed, 
then life will whiz past and you’ll miss it. 
If, on the other hand, you dedicate yourself personally to things you can change, 
areas where you can make a difference, 
then life becomes richer and more fulfilled. 
And the richer it is, curiously, the more time you seem to have.


The only definite influence we have is over ourselves. 
The only thing we can really, really change is exactly that—ourselves. 
What an opportunity to do some good. 
What a chance to make a real contribution. 

Begin with ourselves and let it spread outward. 
This way we don’t have to waste time preaching to those who won’t listen. 
We don’t have to waste effort or energy or resources
 on things over which we have no control and no certainty of any success. 
By changing ourselves, though, we can be assured of a result.



1 comment

  1. Start changing the world by changing ourselves right?

    ReplyDelete