First post as a 23-year-old woman...say what?


I hide my birth date on Facebook, so not many people remember my birthday haha
As a 23-year-old woman, I realized that birthday is no longer about receiving wishes from 
hundreds of people that you barely speak to throughout the year, it's about receiving extra attention from people you love and care.

I can literally count the number of people who wish me today but I don't get offended when people don't remember it because I also tend to forget; it's not that I don't care, it's just that I have so many things on my plate. But I realize the meaning of priority as I grow older.

Pan was always the first to wish, he would do anything to be the first, he's very competitive in becoming the first to wish me every year since 2013 and I told him not to feel worried about losing because he's definitely gonna win anyways. 
(He's the first to wish me for both Malaysian and Canadian time)


He sent me early birthday gift too!
Check out my Instagram post for the story behind these gifts!

Then, my parents wished me and they felt bad for not giving me presents,
but hey, they're the reason I was born into the world, what gift were they talking about.
They're the greatest gifts I've ever had!

My roomies, Nawwar and Elisa, they surprised me with gifts too!
The vintage necklace and bookstore gift card OMG I cried!

Then my whole family started to wish me,
then my wonderful friends!

I finished class at 930am today, can you imagine?
So I went home, on my birthday to have a nap hahaha because I was so sleepy!

Then around 3pm, I received a call from an unknown number telling me to go downstairs cause I had a delivery for me!

It's a bouquet of daisies! Yes, I'm not a rose-kind of girl! 
I love love daisies
and it's from Mimi, cries!

She was talking to me before pretending like it wasn't my birthday because she didn't wish me anything, then she surprised me with flowers, that ego kid really knew how to act well.

When Edda, Aida, Azura, Farahain, Brena wished me, 
I was so touched cause I realized how they truly care about me and 
appreciate me as their best friends and 
I feel so bad cause I always forgot to wish them on time, 
cause I got mixed up with the timing etc. Oh man, I miss them so much!

Nabil, Sofia, Iman, Thusha and Ramsha were the McGill friends who wished me too and
Nabil as usual, he would be so confused, when's my real birthday because I celebrate my birthday for two days, every year! Because of the time difference!

I also spent time with Asma, Nusaiba and Reem today 
and we had pizza and we just chilled at Asma's and watched Friends, 
nothing fancy but I love it!


To be honest, I really do not expect this kind of attention and surprises and treatment that I received on my birthday because I thought birthday just dies out when you're older,
but I feel so loved by everyone!

I'm so lucky to have them in my life.

Dad would always ask me this every year on my birthday,
"what's your wish?"

I wish for happiness and Allah's blessing for me, my family and my friends :)


Love,
Aliah

No comments