23 Acts of Kindness on my 23rd Birthday


I posted on igstory last month,
about me turning 23 and I wanted to do something extra!

There're so many suggestions but I chose to do
23 Acts of Kindness on my 23rd Birthday
!!!


I took me a week to complete them all,
 from Monday, Jan 8 till Sunday, 14.





((My actual birth date is Jan 12)

The 23 Acts of Kindness that I did on my 23rd birthday were
  1. Smile at strangers
  2. Open doors for strangers - The girl that I opened the door for was really surprised and happy when I did that to her as if no one ever opened the door for her. I'm so glad to know how a small act of kindness can change someone's day :) 
    1.  Say "have a good day" to strangers - So, I said "have a good day" to her!
    2. Greet salam to Muslim sister/brother
    3. Say "I love you" to my loved ones
    4. Say "take care" after saying goodbye to friends at school
    5. Buy chocolate for friends - I gave chocolates to Iqa, a Malaysian who studied in France but came to Montreal for vacation and she stayed at our apartment for a few days, so before she left, I gave her notes and chocolates
    6. Make dua for strangers - Not really a stranger, but a Muslim sister, who was found dead when she went missing for few days. I guess everyone knows her story. May Allah bless her innocent soul. #PrayforZainab
    7. Send someone a postcard - I sent postcard to #fattzura omg yes fangirling is a thing lol
    8. Give someone a hug - Always give my girl friends hug!
    9. Write a list of things I love about someone - Well, actually I listed 23 things I love about that someone just because of it's my 23rd birthday haha~
    10. Give someone a book that you think they'd like - I gave Reclaim Your Heart book by Yasmin Mogahed to Reem because I know she needs it and she will love it!
    11. Make someone a playlist - I also dedicated a playlist with 23 songs to that someone, just because haha
    12. Give someone a compliment - I compliment a lot of people this week with sincerity ok?
    13. Compliment people on Instagram randomly - I went through my discover page, and I picked a picture that did pique my interest the most and wrote my compliment in the comment section
    14. Leave a positive note for someone - I wrote better days are coming and leave it at random mailbox
    15. Say thank you to the Profs - It's kinda my habit to say thank you to Prof every time I leave the class; if he's not busy entertaining other people
    16. Send an encouraging email - It's an annual thing, I would send an email to Vivy Yusof and tell her how she inspires me so much, even though I have never gotten a reply back but I know she's reading them!
    17. Be kind to animal - I went to my friend's place just to visit her cat and yes, I didn't bully the cat, in fact, he's starting to love me lol
    18. Share study note - I will always send whatever study notes I have to my friends and my class group because sharing is caring!
    19. Give a generous tip - I gave 20% tip when I ate at this one restaurant during my pre-birthday dinner, that's very generous ok?
    20. Unplug outlets when I leave the house - I need to keep doing this!
    21. Reply to a post I enjoy - Definitely on Vivy Yusof's blog post, duhh

    By doing these acts of kindness, I realize that kind acts are very simple and easy to do, 
    sometimes we do them subconsciously. 
    But what's important is to keep doing good, because by doing kind things, we eventually spread happiness on this Earth! 
    Keep doing good things, you will see good things are coming!





    No comments