Awkward, Long Day!


Who had bad first impression on her first day of internship? Me, lol!
I’m a YTN scholar, I need to do an internship with my sponsor and my first day was not the best day of my life. I came to intern at TNB Melaka alone and I felt so awkward.

So basically it’s all about wrong timing. I came on the day the auditors from headquarters came, so all the attentions were on the auditors. I felt like shrinking myself into my bag, or at least hiding under the table.

I met my supervisor, she’s a young, woman engineer. She couldn’t explain more on my job scope as an intern because her department would be audited too. The vibe was so tense, everyone wanted to have the best documents etc. I was siting at the corner, praying that time would fly as fast as it could!

I met the clerk, she instructed to take the jacket and helmet from her coworker upstairs, little did I know, there were 100 rooms upstairs. No I’m joking but I swear this petite girl had lost counted the rooms.

Knocking on random doors, asking for the guy who would grant me the jacket and helmet and yes you guess it right, I went to the wrong room.
So when I asked for the direction to the right room, it was fine. Nothing went wrong.

As I approached the right room, there’s a group of engineers having meeting and I had to knock on the door, loudened my voice to meet the person I supposed to meet. 

Basically the feeling was like you needed to be this one senior that you just knew existed, you never saw her face, you only knew her by name and then you met a bunch of seniors and they expected you to know their mothers’ date of birth. Yes, that feeling.

But the person was nice. I got my helmet and jacket, but not the boots. My feet size is 4, and sometimes it’s a 3 and half. I didn’t ask for small feet. 

Poor tok abah, he needed to fork out RM160 for my boots. 


The day felt so long, I couldn’t wait for tomorrow’s adventure. I lied. I was a coward.


No comments